Title: Chilli Mussels
Broadcast: Episode 2, 8th July 18
Presenter: Theo Kalogeracos
To serve: 2-4
- 500gm Mussels, cleaned & debearded
- 50gm bacon cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion cut into small slices
- 2 cloves of Garlic (whole)
- 500mls White Wine
- 100gms of butter cut into pieces
- 2 fresh Chilli’s cut into small thin pieces
- 1 cup of chopped fine parsley
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Crusty Bread
- Using a Wok on a medium flame, place 2 tablespoons of Olive oil and start cooking onions, garlic and bacon till the onions have softened and the bacon has gone slightly brown and crispy. (roughly 3-5 miunutes)
- Add the Mussels to the Wok and toss so the Mussels are covered in onions and bacon.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and pour in the white wine and bring to the boil.
- When it starts boiling, put the lid on the Wok and cook for 3-4 minutes then take off the flame.
- Remove the lid (the Mussels should be open) Add the butter, fresh Chilli & chopped Parsley and stir though.
Dig in! start eating the Mussel meat, the bread is there for you to soak up all that beautiful liquid at the bottom, Yum!
With thanks to,