Airdate: 28th June 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane & Scherri-Lee Biggs
Story Title: Milk Tart
½ cup caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
2tspn baking powder
4.5 cups full cream milk
1 cup sugar
2 Tbspn flour
2 Tbspn corn flour
2-3 Tbspn butter
2 tspn vanilla bean paste
Cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Cream butter and sugar well
- Add egg and combine well
- Sift in all dry ingredients. Combine.
- Knead + rest in fridge + roll
- Press into tin
- Bake for 20mins or until golden
- Allow to cool
- Bring milk to boil. Take off heat.
- Combine eggs & all dry ingredients well.
- Add half hot milk to egg mix while beating
- Return all milk and egg mix to stove
- Stir until thick
- Add butter and vanilla. Combine.
- Take off heat
- Pour into pie shell and cool slightly
- Add cinnamon and allow to set in fridge.