Margaret River Fresh
Title: Margaret River Fresh
Broadcast: Episode 11, 16th September 2018
Presenter: Scott Taylor
Scott’s down in his favourite region of Western Australia, but it’s not for what you think.
- Located in the picturesque region of Margaret River is a group of farmers collaborating with a talented processor to market their beef under the brand Margaret River fresh.
- Margaret River Fresh has just taken out gold at the Perth Royal Food Awards, winning Champion Large Producer in the Beef Category.
- Margaret River Fresh has been working with growers now for 35 years, giving feedback to the farmers over time. Allowing them to reach a point where their product is so great it is able to win awards.
- Its Margaret River Fresh’s first big award and they couldn’t be prouder.
- Taking out the award for their grass-fed product, which has a better taste, as it is fed naturally on the grass in the paddocks and has as a leaner meat than grain fed beef.
- There were a number of entries judged as part of the Perth Royal Food Awards in and the prestigious title Champion Large producer is only possible thanks to the brilliant work of the Royal Agricultural Society of WA, a not for profit organisation that drives the Perth Royal Food Awards, helping us all identify the best in the West.