Thai Pumpkin Soup
Title: Thai Pumpkin Soup
Broadcast: Episode 2, 8th July 18
Presenters: Theo Kalogeracos & Marg Johnson
This soup is simple to make, delicious, a terrific change from the more predictable pumpkin soups and is perfect for a Sunday night in.
To serve: 4-6
- 1 kg Pumpkin, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- chicken stock or water
- 1 stalk Lemongrass, split lengthwise
- 125 ml can coconut cream
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- Fish sauce to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Sauté the onion and the garlic in the oil until soft, but not brown.
- Add the curry paste and pumpkin and sauté until aromatic.
- Add the lemongrass and stock until it covers the contents of the pan. Cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is very tender.
- Puree the soup, add the coconut cream and the lime or lemon juice and adjust the salt level using the fish sauce.
- Retaste and serve with a scatter of coriander leaves and your favourite crusty bread if you desire.
Warm soup, crusty bread... a perfect match.