Chicken Schnitzel - A family Favourite with a twist
Title: Chicken Schnitzel - A family Favourite with a twist
Broadcast: Episode 2, 8th July 18
Presenters: Theo Kalogeracos and Nikki Heyder
Love a Chicken Schnitzel though unable to tolerate the Gluten of traditional crumbs or just looking for a twist with your dish? Nikki and Theo create a family favourite using a crispy coating of Lupin Flakes.
To serve: 4-6
- 2 Chicken breasts, skin off
- 1 Egg whipped in a bowl with a pink of salt and pepper
- 1 Cup of Raw Earth Produce Lupin Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Sesame Seeds
- A pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 Can of Spray Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin pieces (about 4 per piece)
- In a large bowl add the Lupin Flakes, Salt, Pepper, Paprika and Sesame seeds and combine.
- Dip the chicken slice into the egg, making sure the excess drips back into the bowl.
- Dip both sides of the chicken into Lupin Flakes, shaking off any excess flakes.
- Spray the tray with Olive oil, then place crumbed chicken on the tray, spraying the top side of the chicken with olive oil.
- Repeat the process until all of the chicken is crumbed.
- Place in the preheated oven, then turn the chicken over and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a plate.
Recommendation for serving
- A lovely fresh Salad, we served ours with Rocket dressed in olive oil, a pinch of salt and a generous squeeze of fresh Lemon on both the salad and the Chicken.