Carnarvon Growers Market
Episode: Delish Food Bowl Special
Title: Carnarvon Growers Market
Broadcast: December 2nd 2017
Presenter: Scott Taylor and Russell Blaikie
When it comes to buying fresh produce there is no better place than your local farmers market and the Gascoyne Growers Market is the beating heart of this region.
- Scott and Russ nip around the market to get their hands on some of the ingredients.
- This is certainly a true country town farmers market. Run by the local farmers and growers themselves who harvest all their own produce only hours before the gates open in the morning. This guarantees freshness.
- Russ finds some beautiful dill, basil, parsley and coriander at the busiest stall in the market, which he will use to create a blue manna crab dish.
- From the same stall they find the iconic Carnarvon banana to use for a banana ice cream for desert.
- Scott comes across some pink grapefruit, to use in a prawn salad, along with some carambola star fruit to use with snow crab, sensational!
- You can taste the sun in the gorgeous cherry tomato’s and the ghost chilies are going to liven up a beef salad.
- The pair also pick up the last 2 punnets of strawberries in the market (the best in the whole region!) and some silver beet.
- The Carnarvon Growers Markets are held every Saturday morning from May to October right in the heart of town. You can definitely see why this place has earnt the name ’Salad bowl of WA’. Get here early, the produce is that good it runs of the shelves!
This episode of Delish was presented to you by The Gascoyne Food Council