Episode: Delish Food Bowl Special
Title: Meedo Goat
Broadcast: December 2nd 2017
Presenter: Scotty Taylor
Its only when you get out of town into the great expansion of red dirt do you realise how ships big this country is! Scott is on his way out to meet a passionate Gascoynite who has a reputation as the best cook in Carnarvon.
- Meedo Station, located in the southern Gascoyne along the Wooramel River is a spot producing some of the best rangeland goat.
- Grazing on local bush tucker completely free of any chemicals or interference by man makes these guys some of the most sort after meat going around.
- You can see there is no heavy industry, cars or pollutants around me here. It’s all clear skies and prime rangeland- all 365,000 acers of it!
- Chrissy Higham of Meedo station got so much demand for all the wonderful things she can do with goat, she decided to package it up and make it available to tourists and locals alike.
- Unique and different flavour of these goats because they are grazing on the local grasses and the local shrubbery, it’s not like a pasture or grain fed animal. No chemical or fertiliser used here!
- Wild goat meat is really good for you from a protein, low fat and omega 3 point of view- this is the best red meat you can eat- coming in just under fish.
- Meedo Station provides a range of great wild goat meals and the burger patties take just 6-minutes cooked on each side on a high flame.
- Goat is such a big robust flavour, most people visit and say how amazing it tastes. Right here on our doorstep it doesn’t get more authentic than this fantastic goat.
This episode of Delish was presented to you by The Gascoyne Food Council