Long Table Lunch - Dirk Hartog Island
Episode: Delish Food Bowl Special
Title: Long Table Lunch - Dirk Hartog Island
Broadcast: December 2nd 2017
Presenter: Scotty Taylor and Russell Blaikie
We’re here for the Dirk Hartog Island Long Table Lunch and we’ve been really looking forward to this event and Russ and Scott are going to supply the lovely visitors with all things Gascoyne.
- A WA gin jazzed up with fresh basil and local sliced strawberries sets this drink alive with freshness, and here’s a tip: blitz up some strawberries and add to the drinks, along with a small pinch of salt!
- Today’s starter is fresh pink snapper. It was caught today just off the waters here at Dirk Hartog with a scampi caviar from the deep waters just off the west coast. The briney ocean deliciousness is amazing.
- Another tasty appetizer, snow crab caught in 800mt of water off the west coast of Dirk Hartog, a little bit of dill from the Gascoyne region and all on top of a star fruit slice.
- Next up, it’s time for the mains. Russ and chef Misato get onto the banana leaf wrapped Spanish mackerel with local spices onto the BBQ to steam and cook.
- The beef has been slow cooked for 14 hours in palm sugar and coconut vinegar, from a pastoral station in the Gascoyne and it’s being matched with a bean and herb salad with namjin dressing. Served on a banana leaf from Mundilya farms, who could say no?
- The one this about the sun in the Gascoyne is it produces the sweetest strawberries so for desert today Russ is making a Gascoyne strawberry mess.
- Every year on Dirk Hartog Island the Wardle family host an incredible long table lunch as part of the Gascoyne Food Festival. It’s an experience you will never forget!
To book tickets to this event, visit: http://www.dirkhartogisland.com/events/
This episode of Delish was presented to you by The Gascoyne Food Council